Sunday, January 6, 2008

Christmas 2008

It will definately be a Christmas I will never forget! My whole family was able to come home for the Holidays and spend 10 wonderful days together. With 15 of us under 1 roof it was definately tight quarters..but we managed to work out the sleeping and bathroom arrangements and shockingly no one ended up without a bed. (although my little bro being the only one not married was shoved in the office) We did so many fun things while in Ohio despite the fact that flu was passed around to each and every person in the house at one poing during our stay. Luckily it was a 24 bug and after a day of stomach flu we were back to health again. I have a couple favorite parts about this Christmast. 1) Being home with my family. I couldn't have asked for a better gift. I love them so much and love that we are all the best of friends. Family is such a blessing to have! 2) I am so grateful for the gospel. What would life be without it!? I loved that my parents have always focased more on celebrating the birth of our Savior than Christmas presents....it makes Christmas so much more special and meaningful. I am grateful for the knowledge I have as a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latterday Saints. 3) My last favorite thing about this Christmas was spending it with my handsome hubby. I love him so much. He makes life so fun and exciting and is such a support to me. I am truly blessed! Well, you all asked me to post pics and here they are...I'm warning you there are a lot, so I divided them into categories. Anyways, enjoy!



Christmas Eve we had a Christmas program. Aside from going out to carol to a couple ward members we made our special traditional fondu and acted out the Nativity. Jon willingly accepted the role of Joseph and Ashlyn got to be Mary. Thad and Linds were wisemen and Kat was a shepard. We really had a fun time doing it.



I'm not quite sure that Ash understood what was going on but she sure loved dressing up! (And from the looks of her mom so did she =)


Slight age difference?


Christmas morning as tradition goes we all lined up on the staircase in order of age. I think we all finally rolled out of bed around 9:00.


One of my Christmas presents. =)





All the girls got these funky foot warmer slippers in our stockings...thanks SANTA!


And here are more of kodak moments....




14 comments:

Tiffany said...

Hey Lori! Lots of cute pics, looks like you had a fun holiday with your family! The nerf gun war looks especially fun. :) How is your pulled muscle doing? I hope you are feeling better! Your story was very entertaining. :) So you have been trying for about 9 months? Have you seen anyone? We had been trying a little over a year when we saw a Dr for infertility. They did a few expensive tests (not covered under insurance!) and everything looked normal, so I started taking clomid and got pregnant after the first month. Since everything looked normal for Ryan and me, the clomid was to ensure I ovulated. It seemed to work for us. I also have spoken with some people who have seen a herbologist and it worked for them. They changed their diets and took herbal supplements. THat was my next step if the clomid didn't work, but we were lucky. I hope it happens for you soon! It can be hard month to month when you are waiting. Good luck, I know it can be an emotional time too. I wish the best for you guys! Keep us updated and let me know if you want any other info. Good luck! :)

amy said...

Thanks for posting Christmas pictures! Looks like you had a great time with your family! Hope your arm is doing better :) And you need to tell me how you got the flower on your page. Can't figure it out and you are the all knowing :)

Erin said...

lori you have been a busy blogger. Okay first off I'm so sorry about your arm it sounds so painful. So sorry. Second, I love Mama Monks bling in bunko...classic. Third I love the nativity story going on. Ashlyn as Mary is so great. Her face is so happy. So glad you had a great christmas. YOU are so fun. Talk to you later.

Anonymous said...

I had so much fun getting updated on you and your family. It's so sad that we grew up on opposite sides of the country. We could have had so much fun!

You of course looked gorgeous as usual, as well as all your sisters. Maybe we will someday get back to CA and can see you and Lindsay more.

Until then, I'm loving your blog...

Jas & Cam Fam said...

Hi Jon and Lori, this is Camille (Wilcock). I love looking at your blog and thought I would let you know! Here are the reasons why: Jon reminds me so much of Jas and I get a crack up at some of the pictures and posts, Lori's posts and the way she writes...very entertaining, I love all the pictures even though I have never even met you Lori or your family and last, I am hoping that I can study Lori's wardrobe enough to help me out with mine! (you are such a stylin woman! (hope you don't think I am wierd for commenting!?

Shannon said...

Love the fun pictures! I commented on your arm story too...so go read that later. You have to keep posting. I love knowing what you are up to! Later sister,
Shannon

Erin said...

okay its we are going to get together! I promise I'll call you!

forget laundry said...

Lori- I hope you know how cute you are... and I miss you. it was so fun to see your christmas pictures- and I am so sorry about your arm... thankfully you can still blog (with lots of pain killers I'm sure). I can't believe how big bella is- how cute is she? she is a doll. hope to see you soon.

kat and jason said...

ok--i haven't looked at your blog i guess since all these pics have been posted. you have all the good pics. i love them. i love the videos of the kids--bella was so funny. later dude. we'll have some serious parties coming up in vegas!!

Jas & Cam Fam said...

Thanks for the words of encouragment! I feel for your sister, potty training is THE WORST!
It's fun to look at your post because I've always heard so much about "Cramer" and Jas absolutely loves the guy. We're glad to see him so happy! It would be so fun to get together with you guys, either here or there. Let's do it!

Elizabeth said...

hey thanks for your comment on our blog. That's cool that you live in Costa Mesa, Rob and I are actually in Aliso Viejo, so not too far away from you. I have heard lots of really good things about you too! You and your sisters are all beautiful! I love the pictures! It looks like you had a great Christmas!

Jas & Cam Fam said...

Hello Cramers! I have a favor to ask...I need your home address, but I need it sent to my email, Jas doesn't know I am getting it. Would you please sent it to my address @ camillewilcock@yahoo.com?
Thanks!

megan&steve said...

Anything new since fabulous Christmas, Lori?

kat and jason said...

hello...!! christmas was like over a month ago--time for some new pics dude!!