Saturday, July 12, 2008

Celebrating our Independence

The fourth of July is my second favorite holiday next to Christmas. I absolutely love everything about it. I love being surrounded by so many people on this day that are also filled with such pride and love for this country. I love having a 4th BBQ, and watching the fireworks with friends and family. The 4th of July always puts a huge smile on my face.
The day before the 4th this year I was able to meet up with 2 of my girlfriends from Ricks College. (it will always be "Ricks" to me.) The 3 of us had so much fun the one semester we were there together, and it was so a blast to get together again. I hadn't seen Megan in 8 years! We ate at Bj's pizza and spent the night reminiscing about pranks we played, guys we dated, and where so and so was now. What a fun night it was! Thanks girls!

On the fourth, sadly, Jon's mean manager made them sell until 6:00 that night (I was not too happy about not having my bud with me all day on my favorite day) But once he was done he met up w/ me and the other summer sales wives at the beach and we ate KFC and watched some great fireworks. I have to say that on a blanket on the beach is definitely my favorite way to celebrate the 4th.
Not a very flattering picture of me, but I decided to suck it up and post it, since Megan and Erin and little Jakey look so cute.








This is the Apex summer sales group. There are about 50 of them living here for the summer. I for sure thought we were done with summer sales 3 summers ago...but he we are again. I just have to laugh!!


The Huntington Beach pier. The fireworks went off just at the end of the pier, so we had great seats.



Jon and his brother Mike jumped in the water just before sunset...a little crazy..I think so! It looked freezing to me. And it totally looks like Jon is posing here..haha.

8 comments:

Lindsay said...

FUN!! That looks fun! I need to update my blog...it has been too long

amy said...

This looks like the best place to watch fireworks! How fun that you got to meet up with old Rick's friends. It will also always be Rick's to me and some of the funnest times of my life. Love it there!

cameron said...

so fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! for some reason jon looks different to me...oh well...you look gorgeous as usual...not growing at all....

Anonymous said...

I cant believe Apex has 50 guys in your office. That's unbelievable. Hopefully it's going to be a good week for both of our hubbies. Talk to you soon.

megan&steve said...

I had so much fun seeing you! Delicious food & awesome memories.

malmfamily said...

LORI!!! Congrats on your new pregnancy!!! I'm really happy for you guys. Our little Sofia was born in January and I thought it was so nice to have a new born in the dead of winter. It helps the dark days pass by quickly. But, then again, you live in California and you might not have the same problem :).

So great to hear from you! As you noticed, I'm not such a great blogger. I checked my blog out yesterday for the first time in months! Good thing I did, cause I found 3 new old friends! So, tell me what you're up to?! You live in Cali. Is it just for the summer while your husband sells? Is your family close by? Are you in YW? I just got called to be in the Stake YW and I was a bit sad because I LOVED working on the ward level.

You look great Lori! And it looks like you guys have a lot of fun! I'm so glad you found me again and someday I'll become really good at this blog thing.

BrockandBonnieRiley said...

It looks like you guys are having a great time out there. I didn't know you were doing summer sales, are you guys living out there permanently or just for the summer? Congrats again on being pregnant, you'll have to keep us updated.

kat and jason said...

wow--can jon tell me where the gym is??!! haha. fun beach day..i'll have to come soon-oh wait-i am. are you counting downt eh days.