Jon and I took a quick 2 day trip to Moab w/ Steve and Cam since neither of the guys had been before. I had been several years ago when I was kidless and wow is it a totally different experience. I remember being there and hiking delicate arch in less than an hour it seemed like...this time around took us just about 3! This could have been due to the fact that my husband insisted we push the stroller the whole way there w/ Brenton inside (for those of you who haven't been there, there are several steep, rocky hills to conquer) Instead of ditching the stroller and carrying Brenton, Jon just picked the 2 up together and toted them up on his back. (I really wish I had a picture.) At one point Jon went up ahead to try and just get there and the 3 of us stopped to take a break. A man coming down from the arch stopped to talk to us and just before he left he said, "hey did you see the guy up ahead carrying the stroller and his baby on his back?" I laughed and said, "uh, yep...that's my husband." I think the guy was probably going to tell us he thought Jon was kookoo, but in finding out he was w/ me he said instead "oh wow...well he wins the father of the year award". But Jon did indeed make it the whole way, stroller and all. (all meaning brenton too:)

Pretty cool...it's not everyday you see indian carvings on a cave wall. I was trying to impersonate an indian in this picture...I'm not sure what Jon was going for? =)




Jon and I hiked "landscape arch" while Steve and Cam watched the kids...we had such a fun time w/ just the 2 of us. We stopped at this crack so Jon could test his "coolness" skills. Yep, he's still cool!
5 comments:
oh how i miss that place!!! hahahah, i stillcan't help but laugh!!!
Wow- talk about some great pictures! Great to know that Jon is still cool, too. We were all worried!!!
oops. i should have told you that you want a backpack carrier for brenton. I guess i just assumed you new. forgot your hubby has not been. sorry. strollers just don't cut it. bummer. good workout for jon though. ha ha ha.... ps. YOU GOT SOME CHEERLEADING HOPS GIRL!
Lori!! So glad you found our blog because now I know you have one and I can see your cute family adventures. I love your Moab pictures. I'm impressed with your jumping skills:) Love that picture of Brenton on the front of your blog...he's so stinkin cute.
Landscape Arch? I thought it was Tom Till Arch, right Linds?! :o)
Post a Comment