Monday, March 28, 2011

Decor updates

I've been going from room to room giving our house a little house a much needed make-over. It's been just over 2 years now and I feel like thing are finally starting to come to an end. So glad, because it exhausts me! Here are some pictures from what our house looked like when we first moved in...and now. I can't believe the change!

Family Room
Front Room- are you loving all the dark furniture and beige walls? BARF-O! That had to go
Front entry. Again, beige, beige, beige!
Master bedroom


And what things look like now...

Front enterance

View from up above on landing
no matter how hard I try I can't seem to get the pics to look straight! Ahhh
Kitchen...I'm loving it. It's got a Spanish/rustic/anthropologie feel. Just about to hang the new light fixture for the finishing touch!



This is the office upstairs...still wanting to paint the bookshelf white and add some bright pink window treatments
The family room. It looks so stinken different. Favorite piece is still my $14.00 green vase from Anthropologie...love it!
Jon bought me the cow-hide for Christmas and it's perfect for the room.

This is my favorite corner in the family room. I love this chair that I got for pretty cheap at finders keepers in A.F.
The first pillow I sewed by myself...and by myself I mean w/ the help of a sewing instructor:) But I really liked how it turned out!
The picture is bad because it was taken at night...the couch is plush velvet in Pewter. We got the couch and love seat from a company that specialized in making custom knock-off restoration/potterybarn furniture for a fraction of the price. They are actually cheaper than most if not all furniture stores and you get to pick everything!
I found this lovely pillow at Home Goods for a lovely price!
Love how this console table turned out. It was brown and unnoticeable, and with a sand and new paint job it totally stands out. I found the lamp bases at D.I. and spray painted them white and found $10 Ikea lamp shades. (in the picture they still have the plastic on b/c I was still deciding on them..but they have recently been permanently added to the house.
The console table had glass frames in it, and I found this fabric and used spray adhesive to bind it together.
The powder room. I would love to frame the mirrow..maybe in mustard yellow?

This is the front room that had all the dark furniture. It has come such a long ways and still has a long ways to go. Maybe next fall it sill be finished. My friend's brother did the faux-waynes coating for cheap and added crown molding. It made all the difference.
Master bedroom. We moved the position of the bed and I made some window panels. The lamp is from D.I and I've been searching for one similar for the other side as well as shades for them...My friend Becky who does Interior Design suggested I add the round mirror, and it was perfect.
Still needs a cool pillow to go on it..but I love the chair.

That's about it. We are working on finishing our basement right now and when that gets finished we'll get pics up. It will be Jon's man-cave and he has designed the whole thing...should be pretty cool!

11 comments:

Lindsay said...

Love it...you willcome help me when I move int my very own place!! I am very impressed!

Amy Piller said...

Everything looks so good, it makes me want to finish my house up:) Can't wait to see the progress on the basement.

Callie said...

LORI! It is so awesome. You can come help me with my house now. I love it, it has such great style. Way cute. Great work!!

Megs said...

Cute cute cute!! You will have to help me decorate my house someday :)

Mike and Chiye said...

Love it, Lo! Kath told me once what the website was for the made-to-order sofas but I forgot it. Would you mind passing it on to me? After we move in June, we will be in need of different furniture.

Sure miss you!!!

Kindra said...

Wow! This is amazing! I love everything you've done! Every thing is so you too! You have a beautiful home Lori!

Serena said...

Lori!!! I love your house, it's so beautiful, you did an amazing job! Love reading your blog!
~Serena

Linds and Thad said...

Wow it looks awesome!I love the family room and kitchen.

Jamie Meacham said...

I loved your house before, and I absolutely love your house now! Looks awesome. Someday I will get there. Thanks for the magazines by the way! It's a start. I love that you did it all on your own and that inspires me that I can do it too!

Nycole said...

Lori! You are one incredible woman of many talents. I think you are awesome and have fantastic style. If I had a million dollars to spend, I could never create that. Bravo!

cameron said...

It is so lori... i love it all!!!!!!!! ps. what kind of paint do you use? I'm looking to paint some cheapy furniture. do you use spray when doing frames and such? how do you get the aged look?