In documenting our Nashville "experience" let us not forget our friends the cicadas. These lovely little guys hatch every 13 years & we are just lucky enough to be here in Nashville for their year. (yes, I am using sarcasm)
Cicada bugs are huge (picture a giant cockroach) , they make a deafening noise when all billion of them are "singing together" (which is all day long!), they hang out in trees and make them look like they are alive and moving, and worse of all...they are not afraid of us! We have been attacked countless times by these things. (Poor Brenton had one fly in his ear...)
But thankfully, we are now saying goodbye to our little friends. They are dying fast and should be gone in a week now. So hasta la pasta cicadas. We will not be missing you for the next 13 years.
Umm, yes. Their eyes are red. Pure evil!
5 comments:
Pure nastiness!!
All I can say is hahahahaha! I'm glad I was only there for the beginning, not bad at all. (Although, I guess I was there 13 years ago, and I survived.)
Ugh! They must hatch every year in AZ where I grew up!! I even remember collecting their dead carcasses in a paper bag when I was a kid. Gross!! They are so loud, aren't they??
That is so gross. When we first moved to Traverse, it was the summer of grasshoppers. Not as bad, but they were everywhere. You would step on the ground and the ground would move because they were covering it. I miss you! Are you watching the bachorelette? I am dying to talk with you about it! love ya
I love the sound of Cicadas. Call me a weirdo (which I am sure you will vocally do the same instant you read that first line) but it reminds me of my childhood in Ohio. I miss the sound. For some reason it is soothing to me.
However, seeing as I have not heard them in a very long time I cannot say all that much now. I need to get back and hear it first hand in order to really make sure.
AND... I also remember collecting their exo-skeleton things they would leave behind on the sides of every tree in our yard. They were pretty cool.
Post a Comment