Sunday, January 6, 2008

Oh the Christmas memories we will have!

We crammed a ton in the 10 days we were home. We got to visit an air force base and tour an old Air Force One" plane. (Let me tell you...not as roomie as they make them out to be in the movies.) We saw the lights and animals at the Columbus Zoo, celebrated my sister Lindsay's 23 birthday, had our annual Monk nerf gun war..no casualities were sustained this year, played New Year's Eve BUNKO and drank some bubbly, and spent several different occasions at the church's gym involved in a competitive game of VOLLEYBALL. Needless to say the trip was unforgettable. Thanks Dad and Mom.
Jon was jealous that Ashlyn got to ride in a stroller...

Ok, if any of you have seen "Air Force One" the movie (on tv of course) the real plane is way smaller...no 2nd story level, no huge conference room...I was slightly disappointed.

Not sure what was so cool about his plane...but there was a reason I took a picture of it =)




Fun at the Zoo...we thought we would take a quick look at the animals and lights since it was 30 degrees and freezing outside. We ended up staying for about 3 hours.






You may notice I was holding Ellie in almost all the pics...that was so I could stay warm. =)


Happy 2008!


Hard to see but we are showing off our very cool BUNKO prizes thoughtfully selected and purchased at the $$ store. Thanks to my sister in law Cami for teaching us that fun game...we had a blast playing it!


My Mom did score the best BUNKO prize...the BLING BLING...very fitting for her!


Celebrating Lind's bday with the fam...Happy 23!


Here we are gearing up for the intense NERF GUN WAR! We all had different guns, the lights go off and we start shooting. Jon was pretty skeptical of our tradition..but after a couple rounds he looked like a kid in a toy store.


These are the nerf guns we have collected over the past 7 years playing this traditional Christmas game.


I didn't get a pic while the vball nets were up..but the guys had quite the fun time playing bball afterwards...I think they were all pretty banged up afterwards.

No comments: