Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Mystery Fluffer

For those of you who are now "working in the home instead of out of an office", let me refresh your memory as to what sorts of bizarre things you are missing out on.

Let me first give you some background information- I am a receptionist among other things for the company I work for. I sit at the front of the building, at a desk, by myself. In the same front room there is an open staircase that leads upstairs to the offices on the second floor. There is a balcony on the second level that overlooks my area below, although from the balcony you cannot see me or my desk, as we are hidden directly under the balcony.

Now back to what you stay at home mothers are missing out on. Just earlier today as I was sitting here at my desk, quietly (because there is no one to talk to) I heard the door upstairs open and someone come out. But I did not hear steps of that someone coming down the staircase. Instead, moments later I heard what I thought sounded like a fluff (jon grew up calling farts fluffs, and I have picked up the weird habit) I was stunned and sat here for a second, bewildered, by what I had just thought I heard, when again I heard another rumble from upstairs. Moments later the door opened and the mystery man (I am assuming it was a man b/c what woman would do such a gross thing) went back inside to the offices upstairs. I sat there, shocked, thinking, "what the crap just happened? Someone just came out on the balcony to fart, not once, but twice.!!"

Even though this person obviously didn't know I was down here at my desk, do we not have places for that sort of thing? Unbelievable! I am still laughing to myself.. How I wish I would have laughed out loud, or cleared my throat when it happened so that whomever it was would have known I was here and for the rest of the day he would not be able to look me in the eyes- then I would know who the mystery man was. ( I need some entertainment in my day)
Yes you mothers are at home listening to the fluffs of you little ones, I am at work, listening to the fluffs of my co-workers.

4 comments:

Chelsy said...

Lo, where do you find the different backgrounds for your blog?

Christina said...

ha ha THAT is totally funny thanks for the laugh!!
Christina

amy said...

I love when you blog! This one takes the cake :) Me and my loud mouth would not have stayed quiet. I am sure you are nodding your head right now!

kat and jason said...

i love your new look....about my backgroud---go to my blog and i have a link for "cutestblogontheblock" she has all those backgrounds---and they are way easier to put on. just in 1 step.