

Our dolphin excursion was rudely interrupted by United States Coast Guard. Apparently it was a long time coming and it just so happened to be the very day Jon and I decided to snorkel with the dolphins that the Coast Guard decided to make it illegal. We were so sad! They boarded our boat and kept us there for an hour and a half while they did their inspection. Then they proceeded to tell us that swimming with the dolphins was now illegal and we would have to go snorkel somewhere else. Needless to say we were quite bummed, but still managed to have fun swimming w/ the sea turtles instead.

This was an octopus that one of the crew found out while snorkeling. I got to hold it for a bit and it was pretty wild feeling. It's little suckers really latch on to you and it was hard to pry off.

I am in love with the shaved ice in Hawaii. I know they have shaved ice in other parts of the states, but it's just not the same. I could eat it all day long!

We attended a Luau one night in a hotel on the beach, and while it was pretty fun we both decided the Polynesian Cultural Center is definately the way to go. It totally kills all other Luaus. (spelled wrong I'm sure)

We loved watching the clouds move over the mountains in Hawaii. I loved how it could be raining and at the same time the sun was brightly shining. It truly is PARADISE!!


Jon loves hawaiin food. LOVES! He had to stop at this hole in the wall place to get some real authentic hawaiin bbq.

Every Saturday in Hawaii is SPAM fest. The streets of Waikiki are crowded with every different food you could possibly think of that could be made out of SPAM. It was too funny. They had live bands and street preformers as well. Definately a must see.

Dukes is one of our favorite restaraunts in Waikiki. We are sporting the "beach hair"


Jon has been trying for almost 2 years to get me to like sea food. Anyone who knows me well knows that I am a very picky eater...and that food textures are a BIG deal breaker for me. Well he finally suceeded in acheiving his goal in Hawaii. He took me to a sea food place and made me order lobster tail and crab legs, and I LOVED THEM!! I was so surprised, but I couldn't get enough of it...dipped in butter..hmmmm they were so tasty. I think my favorite part is cracking open the shell. Don't worry, I haven't totally crossed over- shrimp is still totally out of the question.


more shaved ice....yummy!
6 comments:
FUN FUN!!! I miss it too! I didnt like Hawaian food that much! The food was so fatty and had wierd flavors. Did you try Poi? I thought it tasted like vomit and looked like baby food. I cant wait to get my pictures posted too. There are so many to choose from. Thanks for getting yours up!!!
I have been waiting to see your Hawaii pictures. I love the Jon finally got you to eat something other than a turkey sandwich :) Glad you had a great time! Will you put me in your suit case when you go back?
oh - I wish we could have joined you there. It looks like an AMAZING time! love you sister - me
It looks like you guys had so much fun!!! I cannot wait to go back to Hawaii... and i think we really would stay there ;)
hey lori! sorry I didn't add you originally... it's been taking me a bit to get the blog invites organized... I am so glad we have this way to keep in touch!
I am jealous of you. Hawaii- how fun! I am so glad you had a great time. the sepia pictures look great. you guys are really such a cute/ great couple.
You look like you guys had soo much fun! Way jealous! Jarom has never been and he has a sister that lives there so we're thinking next spring/summer we want to go. Glad you had fun!!
Post a Comment