Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The fun continues...

These posts are out of order...I do aplogize! The Tuesday after Lindsay's baby shower my sister Kat and her 2 kids came to stay with me before heading back to Vegas on Monday morning (Kat's husband is traveling with business, so there was no rush to get back) I worked during the day and we played hard at night. Well, as hard as you can play with 2 hiper kids who were up way past their bed time.

This picture is actually from Lindsay's shower...but I forgot to put it in, so here it is.

One of the nights, we headed to the Newport Beach temple and Kat got to go in while I watched my nieces. We had a blast finding little baby bunnies around the temple grounds and playing with the fountains.



Ellie has been taking notes from her big sister and is learning slowly how to work the camera. She has started to pose for pictures now which is so fun!

Saturday we headed to the Costa Mesa swap meet. It is the largest swap meet in the country and had everything you could possibly want to buy. We spent a lot of time looking at hats, and Ash definately got into it with us. She had a hard time parting with her fun treasures.


After the swap meet we hit the beach at Balboa Pennisula. I don't recommend hitting a beach where there are no bathrooms in sight when you have a 4 year old. We had been there for 15 minutes and Ashlyn informed us she had to go "poopie". I volunteered to take her and walk down the boardwalk to find the nearest bathroom. We walked for about 35 minutes until we came to one. There are a couple reasons it took so long...1) walking with a 4 year old and stopping to look at everything, smell everything, touch everything 2) Her flip flop would fly off almost every fourth step. And then we would have to stop walk over to where it landed and put it back on. Not to mention we had already walked a ton at the swap meet, and it was hot and humid that day. I guess it was good practice for having a kid. Once we got to the potty, I patiently waited (outside the stall at the request of Ash) for 20 min. Finally I asked her if she needed help, or was finished. She said she couldn't go...hehe. So...we got back on the road and started heading back..stopping again to look, touch, smell, and pick up the flip flop. We were gone for over an hour, and when we got back, Kat and Ellie were just about ready to go. But hey, we had an adventure and I will never let Ash forget that one. She will be teased in later years!




The girls were so exhausted by the time we got to our car and headed home, that 2 minutes into the trip we looked back and found this.
I had a wonderful time with them and as always was sad when they had to leave.

6 comments:

Erin said...

Lori! Its Erin Barney (Linthorst)! I found your blog and I am so glad to see all is well with you! Yeah for blogs and keeping in touch!!

Lindsay said...

So FUn! I can't believe how grown up those girls are! So crazy!

megan&steve said...

I'm so glad you are blogging again. I thought you might hold out until your next doctors appointment announcing the sex of your child.
You and your sisters are always so stylin. I also liked the bathroom story with cute ash. You are an awesome aunt, and going to be an awesome mommy.

kat and jason said...

so stinkin funny. you are wonderful to laugh through all the craziness. i need some of those pics....

Piper said...

Love it, Lori... I am glad you are recognizing the preparations that you are being afforded through all the short people in your life!! Ask me sometime about my friend in NC who was totally prepared for motherhood strictly through interaction with my three small children... ;)

Whitney said...

Having family in town is the most fun thing ever. and I am so excited for you to be having a baby. Congrats.