Thursday, October 9, 2008

Moving!!!

Yes, Jon and I will be moving back to Utah in November. Jon will be working out of Utah and so we need to be there. We are soooo sad to leave our beautiful Costa Mesa, all our wonderful friends, and our amazing ward. It will be extremely hard to say goodbye, but we feel good about the decision, and are excited to be close my brother Steve, his wife Cami, and their cute little Bella.
My last day of work was Sept 26th. I left early and we packed the car and headed to Utah to look at homes and figure out where we want to settle in for the next little while. Housing prices so sooo much nicer there than here and we felt like little kids on Christmas morning. I am so NOT excited for winter time, snow, ice, cold...ahhhh...I thought we were done with that. And not to mention having a baby in the dead of winter...but I will survive right. I know I am a wimp! I just pray that they don't have as bad a winter as last year or I very well may die!
We spent 8 days searching for homes, visiting family, and fishing! Yes, my dad was out there and he and my brother went fishing every day. Cami and I tagged along one of the days and had a blast. So ready or not...Utah, here we come!


The leaves in the canyon were bright yellow, so we couldn't help but take some pics of Bella with the amazing backgrounds.


This is my dad fishing. They get going and lose track of all reality. They forget to eat, forget what time it is...it is pretty funny. All to caught a smelly fish. Hmmm...don't really get it?




Bella about did herself in on this day. We found that this girl loves junk food! She's got her pringles, twizzlers, and laffy taffy and is looking at us like, "what are u staring at? I'm hungry!"




I love when the leaves change...it is one of my favorite times of the year.




We took Bella to see the witches at Gardner Village. They were really cool, but I think Cam and I enjoyed them a lot more than Jon, Steve, or my Dad.




We took a little hike one of the afternoons and enjoyed the beautiful mountains.





My Dad brought this little snake as a gift for Bella. It has a rattle on it's tail...she loves it!!



Thanks Steve, Cami, and the Robinson's for letting us crash at your place for the week. We had a blast!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait for you guys to be here permanetly! Have fun in Italy...hopefully, we will have our housing figured out by then.

Casey said...

What a fun trip!! Fall is my FAVORITE time of the year. It looks beautiful there. Going to Italy...? How fun?!
PS - what cute pics of Bella!!

Mike and Chiye said...

I'm excited for you to be in Utah. Even though Cali is closer, we are always in Utah. Maybe we'll be able to see you more often!

Chelsy said...

YAHOO!!! I'm so excited you are moving back (though who will we stay with when we take our SoCal trips?!) Where are you moving to?

jord and kate said...

hey lori i am excited for you to move to utah!! what part of utah are you going to live? we should do something. i miss costa mesa, i am sorry that you will miss it even more.

amy said...

You just made my day! I am so glad you are moving back to Utah. I have missed having you here. Love your cute belly.

Linds and Thad said...

LO --I'M GLAD YOU'RE BACK FROM ITALY B/C YOU HAVEN'T UPDATED YOUR BLOG IN FOREVER!