Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Let the madness end

Well, my due date (jan 31st) came and went. I really thought I was going to have a January baby, but no such luck. Saturday came and went and nothing. We picked up my mom from the airport and have all just been hanging out and waiting ever since. I have had lots of nights where "I know tonight is the night" (he must think he's so funny playing tricks on me) and then the contractions stop and I wake up with no baby. I told Jon yesterday I wasn't getting out of bed until my water broke...but then I had to tinkle so I gave up.
We saw the doc today and things are slowly progressing...slowly. I just must have a really comfortable uterus?? We decided with the doctor's advice that if he hasn't come by Friday, I'll be induced. So Friday is the end of the road- which gives me peace of mind. Right now I feel like he will never come out. I just pray he makes his grand enterance before then.
And yes I did go to church on Sunday...did sqeeze my butt into a dress... and did get lots of sympathy comments.

14 comments:

Cheyenne and John said...

Girl! I am soooooooooooooo empathetic of you right now. I totally know where you are. He will come!!! I know nothing I say will make it better- but time will pass (as slowly as it feels) and you'll be holding your little man VERY SOON!

california smiths said...

Good luck! I can't imagine how uncomfortable you are. I am sure he will come long before Friday :)

Carrie and Shane said...

You won't like this...but I hope he comes on Friday because February 6th has worked out as a really great birthday for me.

The Lindsey's said...

I'm soooo sorry =(. NO fun. I'm still there with you =). No baby for us either. Maybe our kids are up there laughing at us and they're playing a game to see who can wait the longest. I'm sure they're having lots of fun!

The Jacobson Family said...

Hi, my name is Laura and I found your blog through your sisters. She is married to my husband's cousin (Thad). I worked for Jon summer of 2005 back in TN/OH. Congrats on your baby...I think that Jon will be a really great dad...and boys are so much fun!

Jamie said...

That's so sweet that your mom is there to visit!! Tell her I said HI! :)

Anonymous said...

Good Luck Lo!! I hope he comes before Friday!! I understand completely, it's torture waiting around for the baby to come. Especially when you're past the due date! Anyway, can't wait to see pics of your sweet little baby soon! :)

Chelsy said...

Remember when I still had a baby gift to give you since I missed the shower. Maybe he's waiting for me to drop that off so he can wear what I got for him right away?! I'll see what I can do to get it to you ASAP so we can end this agony?

Okay, maybe that isn't the case. But I should still get it to you before he outgrows it!

forget laundry said...

first- you do not have a fat butt... you are one of the littlest pregnant ladies I've seen.

Second- I am so very excited for you! when he's here let me know how we can help! good luck! you'll be great!

Shannon said...

I love you Lori - he will come. I promise. I know how frustrating the waiting game is though. Keep your chin up - just keep me posted!

love you so much!

Lane family said...

Hi- My name is Meghan Armstrong. I was good friends with Jon in Jr. High. Congratulations on the little man. I'm sorry he's taking his time. Your a better women than I am... I was induced with all 3 (soon to be 4) of my kids. For what it's worth- I LOVE being induced. It's nice to have it planned... and shaved legs and painted toenails don't hurt either! Either way- your about to fall in love. Tell Jon hello for me. Hang in there!

BrockandBonnieRiley said...

This just means that he'll be a really calm little boy and a great sleeper, right? We're really happy for you two, you'll both make such great parents. And I bet you're the cuttest pregnant lady there ever was.

Now since you're in Utah, we'll have to play some volleyball this summer!

Erin said...

he is coming!! Im sorry he hasnt yet but he WILL come. i'll keep my fingers crossed he comes before though.

Rose said...

Congrats! Glad he is finally here! Hope you and baby Cramer are doing perfect. Cant wait to come peek at him.