Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Never a dull moment!!

Jon blessed little Brenton in church on March 22nd.  What a sweet day it was!  I was overwhelmed my the support of family we had at the blessing! Jon's parents and sister (w/ husband 6 kids, and another one on the way) came in from Boise.  My grandparents and aunt drove in from Rigby and Tremonton.  And my brother and his wife and wife's parents came for the special occasion.  
It made me realize how much this little boy is loved by so many! His blessing was so special and I was filled with gratitude for this gospel.  I can't imagine raising this little guy without the gospel principles.  I am also so grateful for Jon and what a wonderful man he is.  I love our little family!!

Not so happy to be getting his picture taken here


Jon's parents
Brenton's great grandfather Monk-he is one of the sweetest people I know.  I was so glad he could come!
And a pic of his little blessing outfit



Not quite a week in paradise but we still managed to have fun!
4 days after the baby blessing Brenton and I flew down to Vegas.  My sister and her husband took a much needed vacation to Hawaii, so I was down there babysitting her 2 kids for 10 days.  Luckily I wasn't by myself (I don't think I would have made it out alive) my sister came in from Cali, and my brother and sister in law came down too from Utah.  Jon also drove into town for a couple days.  So it was a party, but not the carefree kind. We had 5 kids under 4 (a newborn, a 6 month old, a 20 month old, a 2 year old, and a 4 year old)  Linds and I felt like all we did was cook meals, clean meals, nurse, change diapers, and break up fights.  

Well the house was still standing when my sister returned home, and only a few things were destroyed in the process.




This is all the cousins on our side.  And I think this is the first time they've all been together.  Brenton loved the attention from his cousins.  He had 3 girls that were at his beck and call bringing him his binky, blankets, bottles, it was so cute!
Just a few pics of the mischief our nieces got into.  Linds and I woke up to this one morning.  Ellie had marker drawn all over her face, neck, hands, shirt, pants, and stuffed animals.  Ashlyn, her kind older sister had practiced her art skills on her.  NICE!  It took a while to scrub it all off, and a few more min to explain that marker doesn't belong on our bodies!
After giving Brenton a bath Ashlyn asked if she could dip her legs in the tub.  I agreed and moments after leaving the bathroom to get brenton dressed I heard a loud splash and an "oh my gosh!!"  Ash had fallen all the way in.
I made Jon a "better than going to the playground cake"...or at least that's what I told my 4 year old niece it was called =))  Yes, we switched the candles around to say 23 instead of 32.  
Jon's present from me was tickets to see Cirque du Soleil's "Mystere" at Treasure Island.  The show was fantastic and Jon was actually picked out of the audience to be part of an act...such a fun night!




And lastly, we are moving out to Baltimore next week.  Jon will be managing an alarm company there.  It seems like we just moved in here and now it's time to pack up and go again.  Fortunately this time we don't have to move everything..just the essentials to get us by for the summer and then we'll be back in this house again in Sept.  I'm excited for a summer adventure, although we'll miss our family and friends here.  

Baltimore here we come!!

4 comments:

Murray Family said...

Brenton is SO darling! what a little stud :)

Lindsay said...

I LOVED Cirque Du Soleil. I cant member which one i saw. It was a long time ago though! How fun!

Piper said...

AMAZING. You totally are. Those much needed vacations will never be forgotten, either- your sister will be eternally grateful!

Linds and Thad said...

That picture of Ashlyn hugging Ellie is so cute!