Sunday, October 11, 2009

Goodbye East Coast

We packed our things off and bid farewell to Frederick Maryland and the beautiful eastcoast on August 28th. Jon and I drove together to my parents house in Ohio where Brenton and I stayed until he had driven the rest of the way back to Utah. There was NO WAY we were going to attempt a 25 hour drive with a 6 month old and a car stuffed to the max. It was sad to know this was probably my last trip to Ohio for a long time. We managed to squeeze in a game of croquet before Jon took off the following day.

Other highlights of the trip were picking raspberries and eating them for the next 5 days for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, watching my dad teach Brenton how to mow the lawn, and helping my dad re-do the downstairs bathroom. By helping I mean watching as he did it =) He made a beautiful new stone countertop, and painted the room to match. It looks amazing! 5 days later I flew home to Utah where Jon and I were for another week before heading down to Irvine, California.







2 comments:

Linds and Thad said...

Did Brenton take the top picture of all you guys? Hahaha.

Goldie said...

Lucky! I want raspberries. Thanks for coming over for dinner. You were such a big help and I enjoyed your company. I don't want you to leave so soon! Matt and I drove past your city in Utah. Beautiful!