Wow, it has been a long time since I've posted. So long in fact that I've been dreading blogging because there is so much to catch up on. But here goes. In August Jon and I celebrated 3 years together. Yea for us! We took our favorite little 6 month old with us and spent a few days in Ocean City Maryland. We found a cheap hotel right on the beach and spent the next 48 hours being lazy. It was Brenton's 2nd introduction to the beach and this time went much better. Well that's an understatement..we learned we have a beach baby. He loved the sand and the ocean. By loved I mean he couldn't get enough of either in his mouth. Weird?

We both love playing put put golf (we Ohioans call it put put) and hadn't ever played together. I was ahead by several strokes the whole game (of course b/c I pride myself on being good at this game) but Jon ended up beating me by one stroke on the last hole. Sucker! Definitely a fun date and one we'll for sure do again soon.
We took Brenton for a roller-blade on the board walk. Does it look bumpy?? Well it was, and my huge wipe out proved it. (My sister had a bad roller blade accident that ended in a broken bone so it may run in the family) I was going along not so fast, b/c of all the bumps and leaned over to smile at Brenton. Next thing I knew I was on the ground. I'm sure Jon probably wished he could blade away and not claim the awkward giant as his wife but he stayed to make sure I was ok before laughing at me.
Here is a taste of what Brenton did the whole time with the salt water and sand. Is this just a boy thing or do all 6 months old eat sand? Very curious to know!
3 comments:
I think it is a baby thing- but it depends on their personality. Some kids can't stand getting their hands dirty- those are definitely not sand eaters! But then there is the rest of the infant population and I think there are many moms who can attest to some uber-strange, gritty diapers the day after a trip to the beach!!!
This whole post made me smile and laugh. Love you guys!!! What a perfect lil fam!
YAHOO FOR UPDATES! I am just laughing at how much he loved the salt water - I would think a kid would be gagging. He is a surfer boy now. Oh, sorry about the wipe out. Ben would have probably bladed away... ha ha ha. glad you didn't break anythign.
Melia and I used to go to the beach every morning for our walks and let me tell you--it is definitely not a boy thing. She couldn't get enough of eating the sand, wet, dry, off of her hands, off of her feet. She was unstoppable. By the time we would leave, she was always a wet, sandy mess and would continue to eat the sand off of her body all the way home. :) (This is Laura by the way)
Post a Comment