Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Cheap and totally cool

Frames...$1.50 for both from the good old D.I.

Spray paint...$3.00 Home Depot
Fabric...$3.00 from my favorite local store in Alpine. Cardboard for backing...free from an old box in my basement.
Too die for cute knobs...$4.00 a piece from a local boutique.

The satisfaction of doing something crafty and having it turn out pretty cute is...well.. priceless!

***I should note that I did attempt to antique the frames w/ some dark brown glaze, but realized as I was brushing it on that the brown was in fact red. (don't make a paint choice in a hurry, while trying to keep your 1 year old entertained) I should have been tipped off by the word burgundy in the title of the paint, but of course I wasn't. In the end I wiped it off and re-painted the frames white.

3 comments:

Betsy Hite Reddoch said...

So so cute!

Piper said...

So fun. I need to make some of these for myself and Maia! Glad you had fun doing them- and way cute new banner!

Chelsy said...

super cute Lo!