Thursday, October 14, 2010

Dear Clothing Designers...

Hi. My name is Lori. I am 5'10. I have a long torso and long legs. I have hips, a relatively small chest, and semi broad shoulders. I am in need of a dress for winter. Or a skirt. Doesn't matter..either one will do. Both would be nice! You see, none of your clothes fit me. NONE. I have bought and returned too many things via the internet..I practically could have bought myself a dress w/ all the return postage. Is it too much to ask for something cute that comes down to my knees, that fits me up top, and that doesn't cost a ridiculous amount b/c it's a "modest outfit", when clearly the article is produced in some tiny shanty in Tiajuana by people who just learned to sew the day before (eh hem...Shabby Apple) If you could come up with something...anything, I would forever be in your debt.


Sincerely Yours,
The girl with no church clothes

4 comments:

Goldie said...

You're too funny! You are always looking the best dressed. When you first moved in our ward I admired your style & wish I could dress as nice. I also have a problem with things fitting me, but in totally different areas. Maybe we should get personal shoppers/stylists?? *sigh* If I had the money ;)

cameron said...

UH... AMEN. and can you make one to flatter a girl who has not lost baby weight? i only fit in maternity church clothes. please help me!!!!!!!!!!!1

Lindsay said...

I bought a dress from Shabby Apple and was only able to wear it like twice because it shrnk when I HANDWASHED it. Yeah, I didn't even dry it in the dryer. Lame...I had to give it away. Sniff and it was so cute

Chelsy said...

Can I second that about maternity dresses. NONE of them come to your knees when you have a growing belly. I'm resigned to skirts and one floor-length dress. And no, not every woman has a chest that grows at the same rate as her belly!