Tuesday, October 5, 2010

James Bonner




My grandpa Bonner passed away yesterday. He was 93 years old. He has gone home to be reunited with my beautiful grandmother Alma who passed 2 years ago, and his parents and siblings. My grandfather was one of the great ones. My mom and her siblings were telling me that they never heard him speak ill of anyone..not one person. He lifted those around him with his positive fun personality and his love for all men. In our church he served as a bishop 3 times, went on 2 missions- the first just after he was married, and the second after their kids were grown. He also served as the stake patriarch.

I'll remember grandpa for always being happy & always in a good mood. I'll remember his wonderful stories...he was a very well read man and a great story teller. I'll remember his soft button nose I use to love to grab when I was younger. I'll remember their fun apartment in Salt Lake City on the 6th floor. The cousins would always head to the balcony and toss helicopter leaves off & watch them flitter down. I'll remember their fridge always being stocked w/ fresh cherries.
We love you grandpa..you have left a remarkable heritage and I will forever be thankful for the great man that you were and the remarkable life that you lived!

This picture was taken in 2006..just before Jon and I got married.

1 comment:

Susan and Vince Stroud said...

What a sweet tribute Lori. He sounds like he was a great blessing and example to your family. p.s. you look really cute in the picture:)