Monday, November 29, 2010

Ma-ha-lo!!!

After a long summer of not spending much time together Jon and I got to take a amazing vacation to Kauai. We doubled with Jon's brother Randy and wife Rosalyn and left Brenton with my sister in Vegas. It was pretty much paradise. Next time we go I will remember to not bring anything but a swim suit...b/c that's pretty much all we were in the whole time. I brought a whole suit case full of several cute outfits I wanted to wear out to dinner....and we didn't end up getting dressed up at all...not even once. Ha! We would leave our hotel early and get back late. We did actually go to a nice restaurant one of our first nights there but we were rushed and went straight from swimming at a water fall. You can imagine how cute we looked compared to everyone else in fancy evening attire.
This is right outside the fancy restaurant..it was on the water and we watched the sunset...oh my gorgeousness!


We are doing the "I'm in Kauai cheer"
I had to include this pic...nice hops!
ooo lala! Dinner was served, and it was gooooood.
The restaurant was also right on one of the great snorkeling beaches...we hit it the next day.



I'm pretty sure we made a shaved ice stop every day....nope never got tired of it!
We all went to a time share viewing so we were able to get discounted tickets to do some fun excursions.
The first one was a helicopter tour around the island. What a beautiful place. It wasn't as scary as I thought it would be, but I did get sick near the end of the ride. Both Ros and I grabbed our barf bags at the same time...just as we were descending down to look at the island volcano. It was a bummer not to see one of the coolest parts of the tour, but I was so glad I didn't actually ralf!

Sunday after church Jon and I headed to a beautiful remote beach. We did some boogy boarding and caught some rays. This beach was one you could drive on..so we put the jeep into 4 wheel drive and headed on out. Getting on the beach was a breeze...getting off, not so much. We ended up getting high centered thought we might have to stay the night on the beach. Luckily some hippies came over and helped up dig ourselves out. It was a close one for sure!


Our next excursion was the catamaran tour the the Napoli coast. A 5 hour trip around the island the the remote areas where native Hawaiians lived for years & years isolated from the rest of the island by huge cliffs.




breathtaking right!
We also took a drive up the canyon to look at the Napali coast from a different viewpoint
Don't worry..I didn't buy the hat:) Jon did though and it was raining... so on it went.
Our first full day on the island we headed to Kipu falls. A water fall you can cliff jump off. They also had a rope swing tied to a tree to jump off. Pretty cool! We did it all!
This is Danny the Leprechaun. We met him & his wife near the water fall. They make the hats Jon's sporting.
And lastly the breath taking Wailua falls. We hiked down and swam in the water. Well I actually didn't swim, I waded...and took pictures of the others swimming. It was cold!
Don't ask me what we're doing here? Possibly pretending to be Sheerah?
And here's a video of Kipu Falls...I don't know who the guy is but he climbed to the top of the trees and jumped off. Crazy!

8 comments:

Lindsay said...

SOOO fun! I am glad that I got to live vicariously through you while reading your post. Love the swim suits.

Chelsy said...

Ahhhh...so, so jealous! Makes me want to go back RIGHT NOW (okay, actually not RIGHT now cause a bathing suit is not my choice of clothing. Give it a few months AFTER this girl arrives.) And I LOVE the Na Pali Coast pics... we still look at ours and say, "Can you believe WE actually took that picture!" Glad you had fun!

Whitney said...

Looks so amazing.

Tyler and Katie Hone said...

Oh I am SOOO jealous! That looks like a ton of fun! Miss you guys, miss you lil man!

Jamie said...

Amazing pictures! You guys always go on the BEST vacations!!!

cameron said...

def. breathtaking!!! I hope to get there some day... and soon. I'm desperate for a vacation. ps love the black/white/pink suit. you always find cute ones. can't find any... yahoo for your time away!

boot2thhead said...

OK our turn next to join you on one of your vacations. You guys do so much and always have so much fun. I love the pics. Beautiful!!!

Kindra said...

so jealous right now! Looks like you guys had a blast!