We had a lesson in church a few weeks ago that has stuck with me and compelled me to sit down and write out some thoughts.
Our lesson was on focusing on the good in our lives and being grateful for what you have. We talked about how easy it is to dwell on what we are lacking, or what is not going right in our lives. Sometimes we get bogged down in feeling sorry for ourselves and think, "why me?!"
But in reality, if we only stopped to really contemplate what is going right in our lives, we would see how truly blessed we are.
So... I have been really trying to do this. To see the positive even though my life is not where I pictured it would be. We are still struggling to get pregnant and I go through ups and downs every month. But there are definitely things I am happy to be doing right now that I wouldn't necessarily be able to do if I were to have the baby I thought I would have by now. I have had lots of wonderful one on one time with Brenton. I love giving him my full attention and all my love. I've had time to develop talents and work on things I've always wanted to do. Jon and I have been able to travel and vacation without leaving a lots of little kids behind. I have been able to wear skinny jeans and have a figure for over 2 years:). I get 8 hours of continuous, uninterrupted sleep at night! My boobs are a small great size and not leaking milk 24 hours a day. And I feel like I've been able to help others around me and give of my time that I have a little more of than others. And while I would give all of this up in a heart beat to be pregnant and grow our family I am content to enjoy life as it is right now.
So what is the bright side in your lives?
10 comments:
I have a great job that I can do from home to support my family. Would I prefer to be a SAHM? YES! But I love being able to have the means to support us all while Nick is in school. Not to mention being able to step away throughout the day to soak in my kids' swiftly passing babyhood. Thanks for reminding me to look on the bright side :)
There is always good to see when it may not be what we have chosen. And God's timing is perfect- even when it doesn't quite fit with our own schedule. I'm confident one day we'll look back and see a glimpse of His plan being fulfilled in us! Romans 8:18 has been something that has been close to my heart lately and I think you'd appreciate it too!
I still have curves I didn't know a woman could have... but I just finished a triathlon and proved to myself I am STRONGER THEN I THINK I AM.
girl... I LOVE YOU. I am also glad your boobs aren't leaking and you can wear skinny jeans... where some skinny jeans for me... i'm in big mama jeans... I JUST CAN'T GET THE WEIGHT OFF.. GRRRRRRRRRRR
Girl I love you and this one reason why! You make me smile. I think you are so amazing and strong. Way to look on the bright side. Thanks for the reminder. :)
Ha ha!!! The leaky boobs part made me laugh so hard! I love you Lori, thanks for this wonderful insight :)
We are healthy, happy, live in a sunny place, and our burned down garage is almost fixed! I get to chat with my hubby each day thanks to internet in Afghanistan :)
not driving a mini van.
We miss you guys!! There are many bright things here, but for now let me add to your list for you: A beautiful home, soft beds, Kitchen disposal, hot water, microwave, bathroom with a sink not just a single toilet, t.v., internet. You get the picture. Holy cow- I never realized how spoiled we are in America. Love you guys!!
I love this post and I am thankful for YOU! You are wonderful. I can completely relate and need a major attitude adjustment :) I think this (and conference) have lifted my spirits!
Tonight my bright side is that although my hubby is not home, my kids turned out the light on their own when I told them they only had 15 minutes of reading time (no screaming- hooray!), the infants' tylenol is working (for now, at least), and the bleeding has stopped on my finger so I don't think I need a trip to urgent care for stitches...
I have some much bigger bright points in my life from the past few weeks, but I would rather tell you about them directly. They are sacred to my heart. :)
Post a Comment