I have been MIA from the blogging world for a couple months now. My initial excuse was that I got photoshop and couldn't figure it out, yet had uninstalled my other editing software, and many of my pics needed to be edited before making the blog. Then it got to the point where I had so much to catch up on it seemed like a daunting task. But important events are piling up and I need to dive in. So here goes!
Brenton turned 3!! We had a big pirate birthday for him...to this day if you ask him how old he is he says, "3, I got a pirate birfday party!" So cute! We decorated the house in all things pirate and did some fun pirate games. First we made pirate hats, then we fished for our homemade (thanks jon) treasure maps. And then with treasure maps in hand we went on a pirate treasure hunt.
Jon and I were completely worn out by the end (or maybe 20 minutes into it:)) but the kids had a blast and that's all that counts. The best part of the party was eating the pirate cupcakes frosted in red and black (of course). I probably should have figured that black frosting would not come off little faces, but in my haste to get everything done it didn't cross my mind. Most of the kids left the party with a big black ring around their mouths. Haha...NICE!!!
Can I just say...I LOVE having a little boy & being able to unleash my inner pirate!
1 comment:
GET OUT!? 3???? Oh, I knew it was coming, but STILL. so sad/exciting!
You are the coolest mom in the world! Love the party. And you are both darling as ever! Love you!
ps- I'm calling you soon!
Post a Comment